Monday, December 3, 2007

Marathon Update #5 - 16+ Miles and a 100-Mile Month

From November 1 to November 30 I logged 123.8 miles! Hard to believe, for me, and I never would have thought that I would actually accomplish this kind of quantity in training. Its a good thing I'm a morning person or else a lot of those 5:00 AM runs would have probably gotten skipped. Last week alone I put in almost 40 miles, which is, by far, my heaviest workload so far. I finished the week and kicked off December with a 16.4 mile run around Stone Mountain Saturday morning. It was a long, hard run and a little bit slower than any of my previous training runs. But it is the miles that are important in getting the body ready to take on 26.2 miles.


This is my Training Log chart since the beginning of September when I started my official marathon training program. It's good to see those long run bars get taller and taller. 42 days to go!

By the way, if you have any interest in checking out the Disney Marathon Program I posted about below, you can see the whole thing online. Just click the linky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only Scott...my methodical son would have a three month running chart like that! Good job...keep moving.