Monday, September 29, 2008

Mmmm...sweet potato casserole

For the first time in the 3-1/2 years that we've been married, Joy cooked me my all time favorite food in the whole world...sweet potato casserole.


Now, I don't just like any old sweet potato casserole. I like other sweet potato casserole's, but to be my favorite it has to be my mom's recipe that I think she got from an old friend. No marshmallows. No pecans. Just a nice, crispy brown sugar topping. Mmmmmmmmm...


And I have to say, Joy did an incredible job. This casserole was waiting on me when I got home from work on Friday afternoon, and it was gone by Sunday afternoon. She might have gotten a couple of bites, I don't know. What I do know is that it was delicious.

I love my wife!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks good. I'm hungry! I need to come see your kitchen.

Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds YUMMY! It has inspired me to make one...

Aunt Avis