Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I didn't win, but I came closer than last year!

I'll post more about the weekend later with some pictures, but I wanted to go ahead and put the results of the marathon up for anyone who hasn't heard already or seen it on Facebook.

Needless to say, I was thrilled with the result. I beat my previous marathon time by 15 minutes, beat my goal by five minutes and accomplished my stretch goal. I ran a little too fast during the first half and paid for it in closing miles, but I never stopped and I ran strong through the finish line. It was great to have Joy and my parents there cheering me to the finish, and I'm just really happy with the results. It was a great day and a great weekend, and many thanks to any and all who were thinking about me, praying for me or tracking me during the race!

More later...

3 comments:

goooooood girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Three little words that make me proud...that's my son!

gucci-shoes-bags said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.