Saturday, June 21, 2008

Back in Training

With the arrival of the Peachtree Road Race numbers, I figured it was time to get serious again about running and getting ready. I am also giving some serious thought to running the Disney Marathon again next year, and if I do I want to do more than just finish so I'm going to start training now and building mileage.

This morning I rode over to the west side of town...or East Cobb...to put a 9-mile run in with Carlos and Heather. It has been awhile since I've put in a run that long, but it felt pretty good. Carlos and Heather are planning to run a marathon later this year.

I never blogged about it, but I finally did get my Garmin watch, and I love it. It uploads the training information to our computer wirelessly, and the software will plot out the course in Google Maps or Google Earth. Pretty cool. Here's the route we ran this morning...

No comments: