Saturday, August 2, 2008

Celebrate Mama Day

Today is Mama's birthday, but she prefers that we don't mention her birthday. Several years ago we started calling August 2nd "Celebrate Mama Day." Here is a list for my Mama on her special day.

10 Things I never would have learned or been without my Mom:

1. I wouldn't have a passion for cooking large quantities of food.
2. I wouldn't know how to love people unconditionally.
3. I wouldn't understand a strong work ethic (like shucking corn & shelling butter beans)
4. I wouldn't understand the role of a godly wife & mother in the Home.
5. I would never have heard, "You are are acting just like your Daddy."
6. I wouldn't be able to make a "fun activity" out of trip to the grocery store or even spend an afternoon browsing the store.
7. I wouldn't have loved music and learned to play the piano.
8. I wouldn't have learned to laugh at myself and at life.
9. I wouldn't have witnessed an unwavering faith in God.
10. I would be so much like my Daddy it would hurt. :)

No comments: