Tuesday, November 27, 2007

International Google Fame

See that little white box over on the right hand side, just down a little?  That's a link to Sitemeter, a site that lets us track the visitors to our little blog world here.  Not "Big Brother"-like tracking, but it tells us where people are coming from and how long they stay on the site.

See this little map below?


This is a report that Sitemeter has that shows the location of the last 100 people that have visited the site.  It is pretty neat to see these little dots all over the country.   I probably don't even know who most of the people are that have visited.  But that's not the point...

Do you see those dots over on the other side of the world?  Who are these people?  I'm pretty sure one of them is my friend Lauren, who lives over in London, but what about the rest?  All I know about them is that they all found our site (except for Lauren, I'm sure) by Googling the phrase "Japanese Reality TV" or some variation of it.  Seriously, try it yourself.  There we are at the bottom of the first page...my post about Japanese reality TV!  Who knew it would be so popular?!

No comments: