Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Marathon Update #4 - 15 Miles

I forgot to put up a training update this weekend, but I got my 15-mile run in Saturday morning at Stone Mountain. Some random thoughts about the run...

It was COLD out there at 6:30! When I climbed out of the Envoy to start my run, the temperature reading on the dash was 33 degrees. I did wear a sweatshirt over my running shirt, but I haven't moved into pants or tights, yet. It took about three miles for my hands to thaw out, but after that...no problem.

Stone Mountain has started putting up their Christmas lights, so in the areas around the entrance there are snowflakes lit on the lightpoles and several buildings are lit up with lights. Adds a little fun flavor to the run. At least while it is still dark!

I've had this suspicion for a while, and after this run I am pretty sure that someone out there is stretching out those mile markers every time I run around the mountain. They just seem to get farther and farther apart as the run gets longer!

This week is a modified "step-back" week when I am supposed to allow my legs to rest and recover before increasing mileage again. It is modified because instead of a 12-mile (yeah...that's step-back for me now!) run on the weekend I'll be running the Atlanta Half Marathon on Thursday before gorging myself on turkey and my mom's sweet potato casserole!

1 comment: