Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Not Quite The Griswold Tree, But Close...

So, we went Christmas tree shopping Monday evening. We started out at Pike's, because Joy wanted to try to help them get out of bankruptcy (And at the prices they were charging for trees, we might actually have made a dent!). Didn't find one that suited us, so we headed down to the local Home Depot.

The prices were much better, so were looking through the 9'-10' trees looking for a good one. We had pretty much settled on one, but - like an idiot - I decided to pick up one more. Immediately, Joy says, "That's the one!" Unfortunately, it was actually a 10'-11' tree...but not wanting to disappoint my wife, we got it anyway. I strapped it to the top of the Envoy and off we went.

While Joy headed off to her Monday night Bible Study, my dad came over to help me stand it up and string the lights. Turns out that the trunk was a little crooked, so we had to do a little sawing at the base to get it stand up straight in the stand. Eventually, we got it up and got it in, and boy is it BIG! I'm pretty sure that its the biggest tree we've ever gotten, but it looks great and now it is starting to look a lot like Christmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful tree...I love white Christmas lights! Can't wait to see it full of ornaments.